Choosing one of the best WordPress hosting providers can do wonders for your website.
A capable web hosting platform not only comes with top-notch features and tools, but it also makes the performance of the website powerful, secure, and fast.
After all, everyone loves websites that open at lightning-fast speed and possess bulletproof security.
Hence, choosing the right WordPress hosting provider is decidedly crucial.
So, What Is Web Hosting?
Web hosting services enable website owners to make their sites live on the internet by storing site data and files on a server.
No website can go live without web hosting. In fact, web hosting acts as the physical location of your website on the internet. Moreover, web hosting is an online storage center that stores all the relevant data, including video, images, content, and much more.
Lastly, web hosting service providers maintain the server that stores your site’s files and data and ensure error-free functionality and airtight security.
That said, with so many WordPress hosting providers out there, you’ll need to do some research to find the one that works for you.
What to Look for in a Hosting Provider?
When you start searching for one of the best WordPress hosting services, you’ll have to consider some important factors.
That’s why we have listed some of the most important things to look for in a WordPress hosting provider.
Speed has become one of the most crucial things in today’s era of lightning-fast internet.
Would you be willing to wait for even a minute for a website to load? We bet not!
Google gives preference to websites that have great speed versus those that are plagued with low page loading speeds. And the more favorable your site is with Google, the higher you can expect to rank in search results.
Therefore, it’s crucial to have a hosting platform that offers leading-edge hardware to ensure website pages load super fast and provide the most value for your money.
WordPress hosting providers should come equipped with all the relevant features, including:
- Chat support
- Appropriate server access
- Capable tools for the admin
- Top-notch security
- Unlimited disk space
- High website uptime
Credible WordPress hosting providers must have a verifiable security setup to avoid incidences of phishing and hacking. Moreover, make sure that your hosting provider performs regular backups to safeguard your data.
4. Extensive Customer Support
Robust support is crucial during the setup of your website and for the resolution of other queries. Therefore, the WordPress hosting platform you choose should ensure that users can easily reach customer support through various channels, including email, live chat, and phone.
5. User-Friendly Interface
The hosting platform you use should offer a user-friendly set up of your WordPress website. It should also cover all security vulnerabilities and fix broken code. Therefore, be on the lookout for a hosting service that offers a robust track record of dealing with credible WordPress websites.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers
Here’s a list of some of the best WordPress hosting providers to check out:
SiteGround offers web hosting packages that are suitable for all types of websites. It also offers WordPress specific options with one-click installations. Moreover, with SiteGround, you get some of the most robust security features and technology updates out there designed to keep your site secure and the speed of the website blazing fast.
- Solid State Drives to ensure lightning-fast load times
- Great user experience with data centers spread over 3 continents
- HTTP/2, PHP7, NGINX, and free CDN services
- WP Staging and Git Integration
- Robust and responsive customer support
- Daily site backups
- Unique caching system
- Free SSL certificates for encrypting site data
- The starting plan is relatively costly compared to other WordPress hosting providers
- Users need to select higher priced plans to gain access to features such as repo creation and one-click WordPress staging
Price: Plans start at $3.95/month. And for being a loyal Meridian Themes reader, you have access to an exclusive 60% OFF coupon.
Bluehost is probably one of the biggest names on this list and handles more than 2 million websites. It offers reliable, not to say, decidedly affordable WordPress hosting services. The best part is that Bluehost is also officially recommended by WordPress.org as a preferred web hosting provider.
- Free SSL, domain name, and site transfer services
- Custom setup to assist users with minimal technical expertise
- Unlimited space and bandwidth to create scalable websites without any hassles
- Rapid website performance with SSD servers
- Malware detection service and proactive removal from the system
- Bluehost has phased out email-based customer support. Moreover, its live chat feature is slow and inefficient
- It doesn’t offer any discount on monthly billings. You’ll have to buy a 3-years subscription plan to secure some discount
Price: Plans start at $2.95/month.
HostGator is one of the pioneers in the web hosting ecosystem. Its WordPress Cloud Hosting plans offer robust features for WordPress users, including an impressive 99.9% uptime guarantee, easy WordPress installs, a free domain name for a year, and more. It also offers affordable starter plans that are reliable and efficient.
- 45-days money-back guarantee for a risk-free trial
- $100 worth credits for Google Ads and $50 worth credits for Bing + Yahoo Search
- 24/7 robust support via email, live chat, and phone
- Beginner-friendly tools, including a free website builder, unlimited email addresses, and single-click WordPress installation
- Low-density servers and highly efficient cloud architecture for 2.5x faster load speeds
- Unlimited storage
- Security optimization with free CDN and SSL
- Easy and free site migrations
- SSD storage not available for shared hosting plans
- The onboarding experience is not as smooth as its other competitors
Price: Plans start at $5.95/month.
4. WP Engine
WP Engine is one of the leading WordPress hosting providers in the market. It offers highly customizable web hosting packages to meet the specific requirements of all the users. Moreover, all the plans come with prominent features like the Genesis Framework, 35+ StudioPress Themes, Dev/Stage/Prod environments, and more.
- Proprietary caching technology for faster loading times
- Daily automatic backups and system updates for enhanced security
- Free CDN services and SSL certificates
- Variety of hosting plans to suit a wide range of needs
- Expensive plans are not feasible for small website owners
- Only managed WordPress hosting plans available
- WP Engine environment doesn’t allow the installation of all WordPress plugins, so some customization is not possible
Price: Plans start at $29/month. Be sure to check out this 20% coupon exclusively for Meridian Themes readers.
DreamHost offers both shared and managed hosting for all website owners. The WordPress hosting platform offers a unique solution that caters to all your needs. Moreover, it offers several types of hosting plans for your WordPress site, including shared hosting, managed hosting, and VPS hosting.
- Market-leading 97 days money-back guarantee to ensure users get hassle-free trials of the website hosting platform
- Advanced caching system to deliver faster web page loading speeds
- Both automated and on-demand site backups free of charge
- Servers equipped with SSDs
- Highly trained experts to deliver market-leading customer support quality
- Single payment structure
- Absence of 24/7 live chat support
- Users need to shell out extra dollars to access phone-based support
Price: Plans start at $2.59/month.
InMotion hosting is one of the most popular WordPress hosting platforms. It offers a plethora of tools and features to ensure users don’t need any third-party tools or widgets to succeed – no matter what kind of website they run.
- SSD storage options for all the plans to enhance the performance of websites
- Automatic data backups for free
- 90-day risk-free money-back guarantee
- Periodic automatic updates for both plugins and WordPress core
- Free domain name, CDN, and SSL
- Powered by Nginx to offer faster page load time
- There are only SSD storage options, so the hosting plans are expensive
- No unlimited hosting plan
- Monthly payments not available
Price: Plans start at $6.99/month. For 40% OFF, be sure to check out this Meridian Themes coupon.
Flywheel is one of the best WordPress hosting providers for designers and creative enterprises. It offers customized pricing options and a host of other features.
- Powered by a reliable Google Cloud platform to offer faster and secure hosting services for websites of all capabilities
- Free migration from other hosting services
- Advanced reseller options and capable collaboration tools
- Dedicated protection from hackers and malware
- Natively developed caching system
- The live chat feature is inefficient and not responsive
- The response time with customer support can lag
Price: Plans start at $13/month. You can also choose a made-to-order customized plan for your WordPress site.
Pagely helps some of the biggest clients around, including Facebook and Twitter. Its robust clients’ list speaks a lot about its reliable and efficient services. Moreover, you get a host of impressive features, including extensive customer support, experienced DevOps, free site migration, and more.
- World-renowned Amazon Web Servers (AWS) to power its WordPress hosting platform
- Advanced security and performance systems, including PressCACHE, PressARMOR, among others
- Free automatic site backups
- SSL acceleration technology for better security and greater speed
- Access to its Atomic Core control panel to execute WordPress tasks
- Robust customer support through live chats
- Response time is impacted due to increased load on the website
- Costlier than other WordPress hosting platform service providers in the market
Price: Plans start at $199/month.
And there you have it! Some of the best WordPress hosting providers available in the market.
However, before making the final decision consider the below-mentioned points carefully:
- Value for money
- Customer support
- Easy setup process
- Secure and reliable platform
- New age tools and features for admin panel
It’s essential to consider these points carefully to make the right choice.
It’s never about choosing one of the best WordPress hosting providers. Instead, it’s about choosing the most suitable platform for your individual needs. And it shouldn’t break the bank either.
Therefore, evaluate all the factors to find out which option delivers the best value for your website.
If you want to further optimize your WordPress site, and reach a broader audience, then check out these best WordPress translation plugins for multilingual sites.
Have you tried out any of the above-mentioned WordPress hosting providers for your WordPress site? We’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!